Just like your vehicle, AC systems need to be tuned up from time to time. A good tune up helps ensure your system runs smoothly and extends the life of your unit. Benefits of regular tune ups include:
• Preventing issues - When your machine is well-maintained, it's less likely that parts will malfunction.
• Saving Money - Because tune ups help to prevent your unit from breaking, you can save money on repairs.
• Saving Time - Spending a little bit of time on a periodic tune up means you won't have to worry about spending any time on bigger repairs later.
• Efficiency - Keeping your AC system running efficiently means reducing your carbon footprint.
A Closer Look at Heating
Our team is ready to help you deal with your heating needs, too. We offer services for virtually anything you might need, from the installation of furnaces or boilers to regular maintenance.
Boilers and furnaces last a long time when they're well-maintained. Generally, however, you'll want to replace your furnace every 15 years and your boiler every 25 years. If you notice that either needs repairs more frequently, you might need to replace them sooner. Keep an eye out for rust, pooling water, and high energy bills. These are signs you need to replace your heating systems.
One thing you can count on us for is deals. We carry some of the most reliable brands when it comes to furnaces and boilers, and we also offer 10-year parts and labor warranties. Our team won't try to push you into buying things you don't need, either. We'll help you choose a unit that works for your home.
Once you've chosen your new furnace or boiler, our trained and certified technicians will safely install it. We'll take steps to protect your home as well. Our teams use drop cloths to ensure no messes are made, and once they're done, they'll dispose of any leftover trash and recycle your old unit. Our technicians will also be sure to test the unit before they leave, so you can be sure that your new heating system is working perfectly from the get-go.
Save money, a system running at peak performance uses less energy and cost less money to run and maintain
Prevent costly repairs buy keeping parts clean and lubricated
Catch problems before they can cause further damage to the system or home
Prevent excessive combustion by products which harm the environment
A clean system doesn’t work as hard as a dirty system. The harder it has to work the shorter its lifespan will be
INDOOR COIL CLEANING SERVICE
A clogged evaporator coil causes increased utility bills, poor heating and cooling ability, and shortens the life span of your equipment. Low quality air filters, improperly sized filters or poor support for the air filter can cause this. Many times this is the actual cause of our “needs refrigerant or Freon” service calls. A properly installed and maintained system should not leak enough refrigerant to require yearly “topping off”. At Price’s we pride ourselves by providing you honest work and making sure we service your system right the first time every time.
We also install whole house electronic air filtration systems which can help reduce airborne allergens. They are more effective and less of a strain on your system than high density or high MERV rated disposable filters.
OUTDOOR CONDENSER COIL CLEANING SERVICE
Your condenser is at the mercy of the elements. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, heat and freezing weather can reek havoc on your condenser. It’s also at the mercy of nature. Grass clippings, mulch, leaves, pine needles, animals, bugs, dryer lint can all get pulled into the condenser coil clogging it and reducing it’s ability to release the stored heat in refrigerant. When this happens the system can not cool your house efficiently, increasing the cost to run and drastically shortening it’s life span. Addition to clogging the coil, dirt sits on the bottom of the unit prevent rain water or snow melt from properly draining which can lead to the steel frame rusting away.
We recommend that mulching is kept to a minimum around a condenser to prevent the need for frequent cleanings. Small river stone, or marble chip rocks are best around a condenser as it allows for the best drainage of water.
Trees, bushes, and other plants should be trimmed or removed so they do not hang above the condenser, or grow next to it. Plants reduce air flow around the unit and dead plant matter gets sucked into the unit, both decreasing the cooling ability of the system and clogging drainage holes.
We can install legs on units that are located in densely landscaped areas to allow proper drainage and prevent issues like this below.
WE OFFER THE BEST VALUE ON SERVICE AGREEMENTS!
GAS OR OIL FURNACE TUNE UP INCLUDED WITH A SERVICE AGREEMENT
Furnace tune ups are very important. Much like a car, burning fuel efficiently is a carefully orchestrated dance between the proper amount of air and fuel. Too much or too little fuel can harm you and your home by risking exposure to carbon monoxide, damaging equipment, harming the environment by causing excessive CO2 to be released into the air, and increasing utility bills.
Your gas furnace or boiler tune up includes:
1. Clean heating unit
2. Clean and adjust gas burner and pilot
3. Lubricate motors, bearings and fans.
4. Change air filter (if applicable)
5. Inspect thermocouple/thermopile
6. Test and adjust safety and operating cont
7. Inspect wiring
8. Test gas valve pressure
Oil Tune-up Includes:
1. Clean heating unit, vent pipe and base
2. Adjust burner for maximum efficiency
3. Clean and adjust electrode and nozzle assembly
4. Lubricate motor, bearings, fans and circulator
5. Replace oil nozzle and oil filter
6. Test and adjust safety and operating controls
7. Inspect flue pipe, barometric damper and
8. Change air filter (if applicable)
9. Inspect oil tank and lines
BOILER TUNE UPS INCLUDED WITH A SERVICE AGREEMENT
Using high tech equipment we can measure and see how your boiler is running. Much like a car, your boiler requires tune ups periodically. A boiler that isn’t running right is wasting fuel and expelling excessive carbon monoxide into the atmosphere. A full service tune up can help you save money on your energy bill and prevent costly repairs in the future by making sure your equipment is running at its best. Tune ups include*:
Cleaning inside and outside of the cabinet
Inspect heating jacket for leaks
Clean and adjust gas burner and pilot
Lubricate fans and motors(if applicable)
Test and inspect safety and operating controls
Flush boiler of debris
Fill boiler with corrosion inhibitor preservative
Inspect piping and valves
Adjust auto fill
21 -POINT HEAT PUMP & AIR CONDITIONING
PRECISION TUNE -UP INCLUDED WITH A SERVICE AGREEMENT:
Using state of the art tools and technology we measure your system for proper operation.
1. Calibrate and level thermostat
2. Replace standard disposable filter
3. Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
4. Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
5. Inspect indoor coil
6. Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
7. Inspect condenser coil
8. Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
9. Inspect safety devices for proper operation
10. Inspect disconnect for proper rating and install
11. Tighten all electrical connections
12. Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contact
13. Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
14. Test and inspect capacitors
15. Inspect fan blade
16. Clean condenser coil with garden hose
17. Inspect service valves for proper operation
18. Measure temperature difference – supply/return
19. Inspect duct work for energy loss
20. Monitor compressor for proper amperage,
volt draw & wiring connections
21. Clean debris from around the condenser